[Gllug] Kernel source on Red Hat

Dave Jones davej at suse.de
Wed Jun 5 13:46:21 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 02:33:41PM +0100, Simon Trimmer wrote:

 > yes, one or two extra patches...looking at the release kernel in 7.3 ;
 > [simon at hobgoblin rh]$ ls *patch | wc -l
 >     144
 > Dave can correct me but last time I looked SuSE had a few hundred as well 8)

Don't have an unpacked SuSE 8.0 kernel around, but the 7.3 one had 184
additional patches by my count.  Though some of them aren't even used
in normal x86 kernels.. for eg we shipped the UML patches for some
reason.. (Mine is not to question why). The rest of the patches are made
up of things like fs/driver updates, and feature enhancements like Tux,
low-latency patches, Andrea's VM, netconsole, the snazzy framebuffer
splash screen thing, JFS, IPVS, and boatloads of other small bits..

Anyone curious as to whats inside various vendors kernels may
be interested in.. http://kernelnewbies.org/kernels/

        Dave

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk