[Gllug] Workshop at the next GLLUG meeting.

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 09:08:49 UTC 2002

On Monday 18 March 2002 12:54 am, Michael E. A. wrote:

> How about trying to conquer MODEMS.
> From purchase recommendations to setup/installation.
>
> We could show users how to identify and avoid Winmodems.
> How to access drivers for Linmodems, etc.

Sounds like a good topic.  The one facility we won't have access to is a
telephone line.  Any freekers out there able to build us a 'dummy
exchange' where we could connect the two telephone ports on the modem back
to back for our example?

> Ps. learning Samba is good. but only works on the premise that we have
> more than one box. Some of us cant afford such extravagance.

I hope I'll be corrected if wrong, but I think that one of the advantages
would be having the security and stability of a firewall, email and web
server and stuff running on a cheap (really cheap - possibly free) Linux
machine.

--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk