[Gllug] Miro PCTV card

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Mar 4 12:27:48 UTC 2002

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 06:50:47PM +0000, Simon Stewart wrote:
> I had this working perfectly under 2.2, but under 2.4 I just can't
> seem to persuade my Miro PCTV (not pro, not rave, just plain Miro
> PCTV) card to shuffle the audio data across the PCI bus. After a bit
> of tweaking, the video goes fine (something like "insmod bttv card=1"
> did the trick)

Bad form to reply to your own post, but this might be useful to
people. After having a good dig about, it looks like the bt848 chips
don't have a facility to move the audio over the PCI bus (just the
video) The newer bt878 chips claim to support this functionality,
though. In the end, I simply hooked up the card using Real Wires to my
sound card, and now it's working like a charm.

For my next trick, I shall find a way of controlling the volume of the
AUX input on a SB Live independantly of the master output volume. :)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"That time in Seattle... was a nightmare.  I came out of it dead broke,
without a house, without anything except a girlfriend and a knowledge of

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk