[Gllug] [OT] Hosted webmail services

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Mar 15 15:54:22 UTC 2002

Dave Cridland(dave at cridland.net)@Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:30:11PM +0000:
> On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 15:56, will wrote:
> > squirrelmail is something that I have never used but I have heard a lot
> > of good things about:
> >
> > http://www.squirrelmail.org/
> >
> > might be worth a go.
>
> We use it when we're out of the office. It's pretty good, although I've
> yet to use it in real anger.

i've used squirrelmail on occasions, as ukshells offer it is a service.
dont know if all installations run over https but mine does.  gives me
some level of comfort when using it abroad, and i cant get mindterm to
work.

i'm pretty happy with it.  but i've noticed that it can be a bit
sluggish when used over a very small / congested pipe.  altho i believe
it has options that make it more useable, and cut down on the ammount of
traffic.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 It matters not whether you win or lose;