[Gllug] Star Wars on digital screen

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue May 21 12:54:24 UTC 2002

I saw it in Brixton and it was excellent.  Crystal clear.

The thing about the digital screen in Brixton is that the engineers
have just installed it and the projectionist is dedicated.  The
biggest upshot there is that the projection is actually perfectly in
focus, something you don't often see in this era of multiplexes with
trained monkeys acting as projectionists.

There was a small glitch with the sound while the "A long time ago in
a galaxy far far away" bit was happening.  Didn't sound like digital
noise to me, more like a loose (analogue) cable.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until
you can find a rock.
- Will Rogers