[Gllug] Gllug Changing

Wulf Forrester-Barker wulf.f-b at uhl.nhs.uk
Wed May 15 14:17:40 UTC 2002

It seems to be an unwritten law of email lists that every so often they
go through a period of navel gazing, often prompted either by the old
'This group is changing' comment (our current catalyst), someone blowing
up in flames as they decide to let everyone know exactly why they've
decided to leave the list, or a combination of the two....

Personally, I find it a very useful resource. I try to make useful
contributions in areas I know something about about (mainly web design
issues) and occasionally pop up for help on other matters or if I feel
an opinion brewing ;-)

<gllug at codex.net> wrote:

> i'd also like to mention that most of the time now, i wont bother
> answering a question, out of simple fear of being shot down by some
all
> knowing $deity.  i'd guess this is the same for others aswell.

$deities can go to the opposite of their preferred location (IMHO ;-).
I can't say that I can particularly remember receiving any wounds from
somebody jumping all over my opinions on this forum - although, as I'm
not a top-ranking contributor and I try not to overstate my point, that
could also have something to do with it.

I know there are sometimes 'hot' debates, but it's normally easy to
spot the people who know what they are talking about and care to use it
to help others out, and to ignore the rest.

Anyway, that's my vote cast, to say that I'm still happy :-)

Wulf

wulf.f-b at uhl.nhs.uk

DISCLAIMER:

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
not necessarily the Trust. This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised disclosure of
the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

The contents of this email may contain software viruses which could
damage your own computer system. Whilst we have taken every
reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability
for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should therefore carry out your own virus checks before opening
the attachment.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or
postmaster at uhl.nhs.uk. Please then delete this email.

University Hospital Lewisham
Tel: 020 8333 3000
Web: http://www.lewisham.nhs.uk/