[Gllug] phpGroupware

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed May 22 13:35:47 UTC 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:14:13PM +0100, Daniel Andersson wrote:

> > Do you see what I'm driving at here?
>
> no?
>
> i can't tell you the reason why there is an error 'cause i don't
> have the code.  if i had, i could tell you the error.

It's publically available code, but I've not downloaded the original
package either. :)

> but the reason why it CAN'T SEND the headers is because of the error,
> since php DOES output something when there is an error.
>
> see what i mean?

I think so, but set me straight. Are you're saying that because PHP
has echoed an error message to the script output complaining about
something, it can't then output more headers?

In that case, then although we've both hit the same error, we're
approaching it from different directions. I'm saying more or less the
same thing, but whereas you're saying that the error is caused by a
previously reported error, I'm saying that it could have been caused
by white space in a file causing PHP to send "non-error" text from the
script.

Either one could be right depending on the situation, but I'll go back
and read the original email again. TBH, I read the "headers already
sent" message and it instantly pressed all the "content has been
already been sent" buttons in my head.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"The other day I was playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house
and four people died." --- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk