[Gllug] Can't get my CNet PRO200WL netcard to work in Gentoo

Mats Hulten mahu at ffs.gu.se
Wed May 22 10:59:55 UTC 2002

Hi all!

I'm fresh out from Windows, trying to learn Linux, and have just
finished installing the first part of Gentoo. That is the kernel and
essential modules, but not X or any programs.
Right now I dont know wery much about anything so please excuse me if I
dont provide the information you need to help me. Tell me what you need
and where I can find it, and I will supply the information ASAP.

For some reason my CNet card has stopped working when in Gentoo (I
think... :) In windows there is no problem whith it and it has worked
earlier in Gentoo.

When booting i got a red flag from the card saying "Failed to load 3c59x
[!!]", (again I think it was the CNet, but I'm not sure) but I dont know
what's wrong... When running /sbin/ifconfig -a I get no report from eth0
at all, though I get a bunch of other information.

What should I do?

-Mats

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk