SPOILER: (was: Re: [Gllug] Star Wars on digital screen)

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Thu May 23 18:48:26 UTC 2002

* Vincent AE Scott <gllug at codex.net> spake thus:
> it was still spot on for quality tho, like watching a DVD on the big
> screen.
>
> oh yeah, and the story was pants.  IMHO.

I had a fit of laughter toward the end there that my girlfriend didn't
understand until I explained afterwards.

Basically, Padme ran around in that nice and decent white outfit of
hers. God forbid, she's not a bimbo/slut/porn-star/essex girl (no
offence intended in any direction) that would wear such a skimpy outfit
by choice.

But THEN a monster comes along, and by pure coincidence---albeit
convenient---tear half her top off. So now the boys/men can drool over
Natalie Portman[*], and the reason why she is dressed so skimpily is
explained and justified to the female viewers.

I laughed so I almost couldn't sit up straight :)

Stig

[*] Oh yes we did :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk