[Gllug] OT: Star Wars in digital

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed May 15 21:18:20 UTC 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Simon Rumble said:
>                                     I'll be there.

I won't. Star Wars has never lifted itself above bad pulp-quality
characterization or plotting: nice effects, but ye gods it's boring.
And Episode I was even worse: when you can't keep the characters
disticnt in your mind because they're all so poorly differentiated,
something is wrong.[1]

(I mean, even _The Matrix_ was more interesting, and the ending there
was visible a mile off.)

[1] (oh, except for Jar Jar. I notied him whenever he popped up,
    if just because he made me so nauseous --- a common reaction,
    I hear.)

--
`There are not words enough to describe how fucked up imake is.'
                                        --- Peter da Silva

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk