[Gllug] File synchronisation

pauln at truemesh.com pauln at truemesh.com
Thu May 9 14:35:11 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 03:24:14PM +0100, David Damerell wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 May 2002, pauln at truemesh.com wrote:
> >I've initially been testing with rsync derived stuff (rsync, unison,
> >librsync) for the synchronisation and am looking at a way of triggering
> >it.
>
> It may be useful to know that rsync can be made to work across ssh, to
> decrease the security pain.

I know this - it's frequency of syncing I'm worried about.  Unison can
as well - and it's bidirectional which is better for my situation.  The
main issue is some of this stuff is data feeds coming in and changing
quite quickly as well as manual data updates.  Percieved real time :(

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk