[Gllug] Re: Can't connect to the internet

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 23:08:49 UTC 2002

Re:-
"Norman
First of all, I'd suggest going to GLLUG at linux.co.uk - all the messages are=
=20
still there!"

Try
  http://list.ftech.net/pipermail/gllug/

Bookmark this page then you have a good start point for browsing all the
GLLUG general messages. Regarding wvdial.
http://open.nit.ca/oss/
I wonder what RMS would make of this?
I don't think he'd be too happy about it, and I'm not sure where this
will lead wvdial in the future.
I still reckon in the long term you may be better learning how to set up
an internet connection with minicom pppd and chat. Although Mandrake 8.2
and it's internet dialer worked first time for me on a laptop without
having to do anything other than fill in the ISP details and point and
click.
Regards,
Mark Preston

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk