[Gllug] reduce modem volume?

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Mon Nov 25 13:20:39 UTC 2002

On Monday 25 November 2002 09:44, Stephen Harker wrote:
> Dermot Moynihan wrote:
> > With Mandrake I was able to turn off the volume using a slider. Is there
> > anything like that for SUSE?
> >
> > Any suggestions appreciated
> > Dermot
>
> This is not a solution to the noise but a friendly pointer.

Okay. Appreciated.

> When you start a new topic on the list, don't start it by replying to an
> email from a previos topic.

I've had a good look but I'm afraid I've missed it. The bit you've extracted
above is still the same topic - modem volume.
Have I lost the plot?

> Because if you do and you are viewing your messages as a threaded list
> (as most of the rest of us are I presume), it puts your new message
> tucked away in someone elses topic and may be missed altogether if
> you're not following that particular thread.

Okay, I wouldn't want to undermine my efforts at getting solutions to  these
beginner Linux teething issues.

> To see what  I mean, turn threading on in your email client and have a
> look at the list.

Did that in Kmail (Didn't even know what threading was - Doesn't seem to exist
on Windows with Eudora.). But I still don't see it.
Mind you there are a few options in the threading menu. If you were to tell me
exactly what your setting is it might be more obvious to me. If you don't use
Kmail I can post back with the settings options.
Or, if you were to tell me the exact message where I did what I did, and what
I should have done instead... Whichever is easiest for you.

Thanks for the interest, Steve
Dermot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk