[Gllug] What's going on?

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Nov 19 16:44:16 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 12:33, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> n Tue, 2002-11-19 at 12:04, Jason Clifford wrote:
> > > An entry like this has appeared twice in my apache server log in
> the last 24
> > > hours:
> > > pool-141-150-114-101.mad.east.verizon.net - -
> [18/Nov/2002:08:26:41 +0000]
> > > "CONNECT mx00.earthlink.net:25 HTTP/1.0" 405 302 "-" "-"
[...]
> It is a default install -  though with all appropriate paches (as
> available on rhn) applied. Mod_proxy is not loaded.

Based on the config or "httpd -l" ?

> How can you tell (from this log) that we are running a public proxy (I
> am not aware that we are - but I am not sysadmin here, simply running
> this server as a test bed for other projects).

You haven't got any of the Proxy* directives loaded into the config and
the mod_proxy module isn't installed as a dso or built into the main
apache binary then you're safe and it's just a spammer sweeping the net
looking for holes.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
Throwing ideas around is a good thing. The flimsy ones get broken, and the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk