[Gllug] Barbican website - accessibility issues

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Wed Nov 13 10:23:50 UTC 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 CEvers at barbican.org.uk wrote:

> disabilities and users of non-Microsoft/Netscape browsers.  I promised to
> here is people with visual impairments. Visual impairment is not an all or
> nothing condition, and not all visually-impaired people want to use
> text-only browsers and/or text-to-speech converters, simply because they

Chris,
can I respectfully suggest that a good person to talk to about
accessibility issues for the blind/partially sighted is Julie Howell at
the RNIB?

I met Julie a couple of years ago, at the launch of their accessibility
campaign. I'm sure she would be happy to talk with you.
Have a look at http://www.rnib.org.uk/digital/welcome/html

John Hearns

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk