[Gllug] Business Assistance

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Nov 1 02:22:18 UTC 2002

On Thursday, 31 Oct 2002, Jason Clifford wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Jim Bailey wrote:
>>I didn't realise that though I figured that it wasn't likely that they
>>originated in Nigeria.
>I get a LOT of them. I check the IP of the host that sends them to me and
>the vast majority of them are nigerian IPs.

Some do, some don't. Those that supply a phone number have to, of
course, because of the country code.

Often I suspect you will find that a machine in the relevant part of
the world has been cracked to add veracity.

The curious thing about "Nigerian" 419 scams is that they are the one
kind of spam where the spammer always supplies a valid email address.
:-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk