SPAM[My RCPTTO] [Gllug] PDF makers

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 12:36:08 UTC 2002

Frank Scott wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 02:01:51AM +0000, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>

>>I am looking for an application that will enable me to print to PDF and
>>maintain in document links as I can with Acrobat.
>>
>>I have been looking for quite a while now but failed to locate anything
>>other than a basic PDF generator.  Does anyone know if there is an
>>application on Unix that can do this?
>>

>Lyx is your friend!.
>
>or if you like wearing hair shirts, you could write it in pure LateX,
>and then use pdflatex, but lyx gives you a very friendly front end.
>
>I use it for writing online help files for applications which I have to
>port to the Evil Empire (TM).
>
>Frank

I did start of with Lyx :-)

However I think that it is something that I will have to start with on
smaller projects, rather than 100+ page document I have to finish
editing this week.

Even thinks like sticking a page break in or leaving a space of a few
lines is not intuitive.

I also tried htmltopdf and the failed to parse the document successfully.

I am currently using Open Office and expect to have to pass the document
to a windows using friend to convert it :-(

Kind regards
Xander

--
for ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!!