[Gllug] html editor

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Tue Oct 22 17:14:59 UTC 2002

Tethys wrote:

> >i use homesite for php coding
> >it does highlighting, supports many files open at the same time (via
> a nice
> >tab-system) AND it has a LOVELY filebrowser open on the left all the time
> >(speeds up working in general, me thinks)
>

> Bleuch! Looks hideous. Still, to each their own :-) It's very hard for me
> to recommend an editor, since vi already does everything I need.
>

> (save interpreting lisp, and I prefer that to exist outside my editor...)
>

> Still, I know a lot of people rate Quanta Plus highly:
>
> 	http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
>
> Tet

quanta plus is the closest thing to homesite that I have seen

kate (part of kde) does a similar job if all you want is filebrowsing
and syntax highlightling (much more lightwieght and a standad part of
most ditros)

http://docs.kde.org/3.0/kdebase/kate/index.html

http://freshmeat.net/screenshots/14289/

and I'm sure there are plenty of others to choose from

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=php+editor&section=projects&x=0&y=0

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk