[Gllug] Volunteers needed for Install Fest

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Oct 25 11:09:50 UTC 2002

"Ms. Lene Jensen" writes:

>Ok, I am _so_ totally defending Red Hat here, so be warned.  Also, I am
>not speaking on behalf of Red Hat, i am speaking as an enthusiast (I
>cannot help it, I love our products).

:-) FWIW, I think you have a right to be proud of your products, but I
think you've really screwed up with RH8. I don't care about the removal
of MP3 players (all my music is in Ogg Vorbis anyway :-). But Bluecurve
is a horrible mistake -- not the concept, mind. I think having a common
look and feel to the desktop is a great idea. But why did you have to
make it so *ugly*? MS may have made XP look like it's made of playdoh,
but there was no need for RH to follow suit!

And of course, the removal of half of the programs I use on a daily basis
(fvwm2, rxvt, ical) didn't help, either...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk