[Gllug] registering a domain, Quickly!

Steve Nicholson steve at kiwibum.com
Mon Oct 28 13:48:34 UTC 2002

On 28 Oct 2002 13:21:58 +0000 Mark Lowes wrote:

> Well in the interests of giving the customer more options to choose
> from, we're at http://www.frontier.net.uk/ and can also get things live
> on our servers easily today.  (As Jason said the root servers for the
> various TLDs are a different matter).

That's interesting I see you offer .ca domains, has the registration of these changed now?  My understanding is you could only register yourdomain.ca if your company (whatever) had a presence in more than 3-4 provinces in Canada. Otherwise you have to have the province as the second level e.g. bc.ca.  A friend of my registered a domain for his travel lodge and couldn't get .ca because he is only based in British Columbia so had to use hisdomain.bc.ca.  Would be interested to know if this has changed since.

thanks
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk