[Gllug] OT: conspiracy re. US Gov. and 911

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Sep 4 13:11:42 UTC 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, David Damerell wrote:

> Also - not to suggest that this justifies imposing colonialism on
> people - a lot of the ex-colonies have got much worse than being
> screwed by the British. An explicitly racist regime that sends all
> your goodies to Queen Victoria isn't very nice, but one where <ethnic
> group 1> does their best to kill everyone in <ethnic group 2> isn't
> really an improvement...

Indeed not. I think that problem largely arises from the fact that many of
these nations were not really countries as we understand such today prior
to colonialisation. Of course this is not always the case however the fact
that many such countries had their international boundaries set by
departing colonial powers with little regard to the tensions that might
arise afterwards seems to be a significant contributory factor to the
current situation in such countries.

The poverty and other problems many of them are facing often arise from
the violence that erupted from such artificial groupings of historic
enemies - somewhat akin to the Yugoslav problems.

Jason
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/	 	   professional hosting and colocation