[Gllug] My response to Ivan's comments made at the recent GLLUGmeeting.

Andrew Black (Linux) andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Wed Sep 18 02:41:58 UTC 2002

Hi
I came to the meeting on Sat for the first time on Sat, and only subscribed
to the list yesterday.
Here are my thoughts (even if they duplicate what has already been written I
thought it useful to put my ideas):

- the ability to have discussion away from the talks was useful. (I didnt
particular feel like going
to a talk as I had a bit of a headache).
- regular meetings are valuable as they make it easier to get into ones
diary.
- There is also a tendency for meeting arranged according to speakers
availability not to happen (another user group I am in used to suffer from
that tendency)
- if a particular speaker is sufficiently desirable, is it possible to vary
or add to the monthly pattern.
- the ability to be able to bring own kit in is useful but not mandatory
(provided .....)
- being able to use Uni Westminster machines that could be reinstalled at
whim was very useful
- would there be scope for an occasional meeting over and above the monthly
pattern in a diff venue where bringing machines was allowed. Somewhere less
central might be easier for parking.
- I was appalled by the terrible (pun deliberate) manner in which the
comments were made at the end of the session and nearly left the room.  It
gave a very bad impression to me as a first timer and (IMHO) should have
been vetoed by the chair and taken up in pub/committee.
- having the basement in the pub was very useful.

Thanks for everyone that organised it.
.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk