[Gllug] Zaurus & working Wireless CF cards?

Walid Shaari Walid at melinux.com
Wed Apr 2 13:28:09 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 11:59, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I'm getting a load of issues with the D-Link DCF 660W & the Zaurus. I
> think I'm going to return that and get a different model of WCF card.
>
> Can anyone recommend one that works flawlessly (and is still available -
> some of the cards recommended by Sharp no longer appear to be made).

I used the Buffalo WLI-CF-S11 G, and there is a pcmcia adapter for it if
you want it in your laptop too, I bought them both from ebuyer.com for
around 100 UKP for both of them IIRC

> Here are the D-Link problems: first day it worked fine. Second day,
> it didn't work all day. It couldn't get a signal from the AP, green
> light kept flashing. Tried many different things to no avail. Then
> in the evening it just started working. Green light on, Internet
> connectivity fine (modulo BT problems, of course). Third day (today)
> it's working some of the time, and then it'll stop working. Same
> issue - flashing green light indicating it can't talk to the AP.

I had some problems that looks like the above (Intermittent ), but it
wasn't the card it was the OZ image, ejecting the card, rebooting, and
selecting no auto boot option for wireless all helped.

> The really strange thing is that Kismet works *fine* - even when the
> card is having problems with the Sharp software, Kismet runs and
> detects the home network ESSID with no problem.

Exactly the same :)

> (Having had multiple problems with D-Link PCMCIA wireless cards
> before, this really is absolutely the last time I ever buy any
> D-Link crap).

I would really like to know if this is really the CF, or the Zaraus?

Walid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk