[Gllug] [OT] Hero vote

Adrian McMenamin Adrian.McMenamin at britainineurope.org.uk
Mon Apr 14 11:44:30 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Rev Simon Rumble [mailto:simon at rumble.net]
Sent: 14 April 2003 11:56
To: gllug at linux.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Gllug] [OT] Hero vote

On Mon 14 Apr, Adrian McMenamin bloviated thus:

> No, I am not saying Nelson Mandela supported this war. He did not. But he
> isn't a pacificist either.

Couldn't agree more.  He was also well aware of the need to avoid
violence at all costs and, hence, Umkonto we Sizwe targetted
infrastructure _only_ when it was absolutely certain that no humans
would be hurt.  They were willing to escalate to violence, but only
when all other means had been exhausted.

That's what MK did in 1961. But MK also killed collaborators (eg police,
'councillors') etc.

Anyway, enough already.