[Gllug] Broadband with PlusNet

Leslie Till les_till at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 02:16:54 UTC 2003

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Tue 08 Apr, John Hearns bloviated thus:
>

>>Envy. My line failed the BT tests.
>>I've been having a discussion on this over on uk.telecom.broadband
>

> I love the way that the end-user pays to upgrade BT's network.  I
> always thought investment was supposed to be funded by shareholders...

I was a 'shareholder' once apon a time and I clearly remember being
told, through advertising, that the increased charges were going toward
making the system more efficient etc. Soon after that it was privatised.
I did write to my MP asking where my share of the sell off was.
My argument was if half the country have purchased shares then the other
half, who originally were joint owners, should benifit from the cash
received. It didn't seem to worry the MP that if the benefits were
divided among the total population then the BT shareholders were getting
their cake and eating it in the form of shareholders perks etc.
The MP in question was a Tory and he implied in his reply that I was
behaving like a labour supporter ( putting it politely no doubt )
Les

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk