[Gllug] Mounting Netware partition with mount -t ncpfs and ncpmount

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Thu Apr 24 07:11:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 01:06:13AM +0100, Garry Heaton wrote:

> I've checked the Knoppix 3.2 installation and Mandrake 9.1. Neither have
> 'nwfs' listed under /lib/modules/<kernel>/kernel/fs/. Is this for the older
> versions of Netware? How come it's missing when it's surely at least as
> useful as some of the more obscure filesystems which come as standard?

Umm possibly the nwfs was last released 01 Dec 2001.  I'm not sure how
in sync it is with later 2.4 kernels, though it does claim support.

I've done the following as a quick test, ensured that /usr/src/linux exists as
a link to my kernel-source, ensure there is a .config around.

wget -P ~/down/ http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/nwfs/nwfs1201-01.tar.bz2
mkdir ~/src/nwfs
cd ~/src/nwfs && tar xjvf ~/down/nwfs1201-01.tar.bz2
make -f util.mak

Read the README for more info.  I think you should look at probably try
building on a 2.2 box - I built on a redhat 6.2 box. Unsure if you
should/need to build the kernel driver.

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk