[Gllug] Weirdness with uw-imapd and Squirrelmail

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Apr 4 14:50:08 UTC 2003

On Fri 04 Apr, Richard Cohen bloviated thus:

> telnet to port 143...

Works...  (not sure how to give it valid commands)

> Or there are a few tools in the old imap-utils package, now part of the main
> imapd distribution, I think...

I thought of a test tool: fetchmail.  However, I get:
fetchmail: Authorization failure on simon at chimay.rumble.net

Looking in the log I get a different error:
Apr  4 15:49:14 chimay imapd[23284]: imap service init from
81.5.174.202
Apr  4 15:49:16 chimay imapd[23284]: Logout user=???
host=[81.5.174.202]

This is all getting weird...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Every year the international finance system kills more
people than the second world war. But at least Hitler was
mad, you know.

- Ken Livingstone