[Gllug] Anyone thinking of driving after having a drink needs this

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Dec 18 07:40:47 UTC 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, David Damerell muttered soberly:
> Of course the sample size is relevant. If you are killed by an adder
> bite, the statistic that this is something that happens only every few
> decades will not mean anything to you. Nevertheless we would be fools
> to conclude from this that adders are enormously dangerous and we
> should wear heavy knee-high boots at all times.

Precisely.

This campaign only has the intended effect on people with no knowledge
of statistics... who are exactly the same people who'll be drinking and
driving in the first place ;)

--
`...some suburbanite DSL customer who thinks kernel patches are some
 form of military insignia.' --- Bob Apthorpe
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk