[Gllug] Anyone thinking of driving after having a drink needs this

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Dec 17 01:30:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, David Damerell wrote:

> >If you are thinking of driving after having a drink take a look at this
> >site:
> >http://www.onlyinternet.net/bmeyer/drunkdriving.htm
> >Even if you aren't thinking of drinking and driving take a look.
>
> While I agree that drinking and driving is a bad plan, this is
> argument from a sample size of one. People (most of whom are not
> driving _at all_) are horribly injured and killed by drivers who are
> perfectly sober every day. Should we therefore deduce that driving
> while sober is a bad idea, too?

No however it is clear that driving under the influence has a negative
effect upon the abilities of the driver and thus increases risk.

It's also clear that some people don't really consider the risks they put
themselves and other under when they choose to drive after drinking.

I think the site I posted and the campaign behind it is more effective
than those shown here. I verified that it is a true one before posting it
so it's not just actors showing what might happen.

The sample size isn't terribly relevant. If you kill or maim someone
because you were DUI statistics don't mean anything to you or your
victims.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk