[Gllug] More Microsoft patents

chris.wareham at btopenworld.com chris.wareham at btopenworld.com
Wed Feb 12 17:29:48 UTC 2003

Nick Mailer <nickm at positive-internet.com> wrote:

> Exactly. The cheap soundbite dismissal of Perl was instigated by those
> with vested financial interests in belittling it, and is largely spouted
> by those sheep who believe a carefully-planted corporate opinion is
> their own unique insight.

I had a financial interest in Perl - I made a very profitable living as a
contractor working on Perl code. However, I have scratched Perl from my CV
because there is fuck all job satisfaction in fixing endless streams of
Perl gibberish produced by talentless muppets. Unless your trying to be ironic
then you need to acquaint yourself with the sheer volume of crap Perl code out
there. Meanwhile I'll happily carry on coding in "obsolete" C and "too slow"
Java.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk