[Gllug] modules.conf question.

TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com
Wed Feb 19 12:34:26 UTC 2003

hi Dave

> Sorry to ask, but are you sure that ppp_async is in the
> kernel? Isn't that
> one of the few modules that can't be build into the kernel?

good point, I'll qualify: this is all new to me... I don't know for certain
it's in the kernel, all I know is that when I re-compiled the kernel I chose
"yes" not "m" for async serial support, and the item was called
CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC. Where can I check if ppp_async is there?

tho maybe I should just re-compile and have all the ppp stuff as modules and
set up the aliases as per Documentation/Changes.

thanks for your patience,
Tom