[Gllug] Handing out flyers this Saturday for the Installfest.

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Fri Feb 14 14:38:15 UTC 2003

Formi wrote:
>  Formi
>  FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570
>  Linux Registered User #235743
>
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Tethys wrote:
>

>>"Daniel Andersson" writes:

>>No, you're not. War is unpleasant, but history has shown that force
>>is the *only* way to resolve disputes where negotiations have failed.
>>Violence should always be a last resort, but sometimes all the other
>>options have failed and it's the only thing left. Whether Iraq has
>>reached that threshold or not is a matter for debate, but on that note,
>>I'll second Doug's invocation of Godwin's law...
>>

>   I completely disagree with war being the last option, that's not the
>   whole picture. No conflict brews in 2 months.
>
>   If you look at all the variables involved you usually find out that they
>   are the result of many parties "usually third party interests, like
>   countries selling arms, CIA training/meddling, capitalist interests".
>   Apart from the usual dictators/muppets.

and you're not the only one to have doubts

anyone else seen this evening standard poll?

Which country poses the greatest threat to world peace?

Iraq North Korea USA

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/haveyoursay/polls/?itemId=2667750

especially interesting since their poll on party affiliation shows the
Tories ahead...

--

Sean

(never trust a web poll)