[Gllug] I get a 504... gllug gllug gllug....

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Thu Jan 2 19:41:52 UTC 2003

At 15:49 +0000 2/1/03, Gordon Joly wrote:
><http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/regions/thames/?region=thames&lang=_e>

Alex Kirby:
David U, UK: I have been trying to access the Environment Agency website for the last 36 hours and cannot get onto it. Surely the Agency needs to set up a system that can respond to public demand precisely when it is required?

Ian Hope:
First and foremost we sincerely apologise for the problems that we've had with our website. It is down, as has been pointed out by out by a number of active listeners. We are struggling as quickly as we can to repair the website. We do sincerely apologise - it's one where we always analyse any issues that arise and make sure that they don't occur again and clearly once we have got the repairs in place we'll be analysing what went wrong to ensure that there's no repetition. But once again, I do apologise to your listener.

full transcript at...

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/forum/2621397.stm>
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/talking_point/forum/2621397.stm>

--