[Gllug] ppp connection to GPRS modem

Darren Beale lists at acksys.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 00:24:35 UTC 2003

Hi

I've a Sharp Zaurus running OZ3.1rc1 and affix 1.2.6 and I can successfully
create a Bluetooth connection to my Nokia 6310i. I cannot, however,
sucessfully get a ppp connection using the inbuilt gprs modem and was
wondering if anyone on the list is using linux to connect to a 6310 using
ppp, if so are you using O2, are my AT commands looking OK?

I think all my scripts are OK and I've done quite a bit (read: working on
this all day) of investigation into all the AT commands and AFAICT my chat
script is cool. However, when I run the ppp chat script it's starts
"Creating GPRS connection" on the
phone but then comes up with "Temporary Network problem" but if I connect to
a WAP service thru the phone itself then it works OK, the little 'G' comes
up in the corner and I'm surfing using GPRS

FYI I have posted to both the Affix and OZ lists and can only assume that my
question is too muppety for anyone to respond

/etc/ppp/gprs-chat-connect
===8<===
exec chat                                              \
       TIMEOUT         5                               \
       ECHO            ON                              \
       ABORT           '\nBUSY\r'                      \
       ABORT           '\nERROR\r'                     \
       ABORT           '\nNO ANSWER\r'                 \
       ABORT           '\nNO CARRIER\r'                \
       ABORT           '\nNO DIALTONE\r'               \
       ABORT           '\nRINGING\r\n\r\nRINGING\r'    \
       ''              \rAT                            \
       TIMEOUT         12                              \
       SAY             "Press CTRL-C to close the connection at any stage!"
\
       SAY             "\ndefining PDP context...\n"   \
       OK              ATE1                            \
       OK              'AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","mobile.o2.co.uk","",0,0'   \
       OK              ATD*99***1#                     \
       TIMEOUT         22                              \
       SAY             "\nwaiting for connect...\n"    \
       CONNECT         ""                              \
       SAY             "\nConnected." \
       SAY             "\nIf the following ppp negotiations fail,\n"   \
       SAY             "try restarting the phone.\n"
===8<===

tia

--
Darren Beale - Acksys Ltd