[Gllug] USB wirless adapters

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sun Jan 5 18:38:46 UTC 2003

On Fri 03 Jan, John Hearns bloviated thus:
> Anybody got recommendations for a USB 802.11b adapter which works
> well under Linux?

Linksys WUSB11 v2.5.  Note that you want the v2.5 because it has a Prism
chipset and an MMCX antenna connector inside which you can use to attach
an external antenna.  Other versions use the Atmel chipset (which I
believe is supported) and don't have the internal connector.

I intend to use my one to put the transceiver inside an external
antenna, thus minimising cable runs.  I have three 5m powered USB
extension cables for this...  Will advise how it goes.

If you end up buying one of these, I have a source for cheap MMCX
connectors.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "It's the good girls who keep the diaries, the bad
  girls never have the time."
- Tallulah Bankhead