[Gllug] spoke too soon

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Wed Jan 29 03:11:18 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 06:10:24PM +0000, North London John wrote:
> Well, I had a day of using knoppix, before somehow or other the hard
> drive partitions got corrupted.

Both the linux and the windows?

If you want to try and save the data have a look at the partition and
file management tools: dosfsck, and the file system tools for what ever
linux file system your using.

> Has anyone else had such a problem?

I am using windows ME that came with the system for games with XFS on
the linux partition no problems so far.

> I'm thinking that the cause of my problems is Windows98 - it doesn't
> seem to take kindly to having to budge up and share a hd.
>
> Does anyone know of any good websites with info on getting win98 &
> linux co-habiting?

Did you defrag the hard drive under windows before you started?

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk