[Gllug] Persauding the Mrs. To move to Linux..

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon Jul 21 17:44:17 UTC 2003

"Martyn Drake" writes:

>Anyway, I set-up myself and the wife with a login account.  After several
>hours of play, the wife moans about hating Linux and that the fonts are all
>too small within Mozilla and she can't do the same sort of things under
>Linux that she could with Windows.

You can certainly increase the default font size, but the problem is that
many sites specify explict font sizes in points. This would be fine, were
it not for the fact that IE has different ideas about how big a point is
to other browsers (particularly Mozilla).

Did she say what the other things are that she can't do under Linux?

Just as a general hint, before trying to switch someone to using Linux,
make sure you have a complete list of their requirements. Linux isn't
always going to be an option, and you'll do more harm than good if you
try and switch them before the applications they need are ready for
prime time.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk