[Gllug] SGI O2 + Origin Server (an update)

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Thu Jul 24 17:18:27 UTC 2003

Replying to my own post... Shoot me.

A little further digging shows:
   http://www.debian.org/ports/mipsel/index.html
O2 R10000 is NOT supported
O2 R5000 - EXPERIMENTAL without framebuffer

Fortunately these machines are R5000 models. I need to betray my
ignorance here by asking what the implications of running "with
framebuffer" are? I guess crap graphics performance (ironically).

Or for those looking for good news:
   http://www.linux-debian.de/howto/debian-mips-woody-install.html
Uses an Indy, but the boot(). command seems to be the only SGI hurdle to
leap...

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk