[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Jul 30 13:02:27 UTC 2003

=?iso-8859-1?q?Andy=20Low?= writes:

>I am a "newbie" to Linux and often have to use windows to access my
>e-mail.I obviously use a yahoo account via IE. Is this acceptable or
>should I fark off to another list for fear that I may be criticised
>for being a ^?newbie^? (which is degrading enough) and because I use
>non-approved email client ?.

By all means stick around. However, it might be worth learning some
basic netiquette. Avoid top posting. Yes, this is possible even from
Outlook or Yahoo. Also, avoid using MS dumbquotes, which look crap
on many non-Windows platforms (see your quoted "newbie" above). Try
to turn off HTML posting as well.

There's no such thing as an approved mail client around here -- just
approved posting formats. If you can get your mail into shape using
a given client, then no one will care what you use.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk