[Gllug] Insight UK - a warning

Mark Hill gllug_list at mark.ukfsn.org
Sat Jul 12 15:17:22 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 01:45:35PM +0000, Rickey Costas wrote:
> I'd get onto the credit card company.

In regards to that, here's an extract from dabs.com's 'security page',
which might worth knowing.
<URL:http://www.dabs.com/aboutdabs/security.asp>

Secondly, if you are a UK resident using a UK-issued card for a
transaction over £100, Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
protects you. This law says that if a trader defrauds you, the credit
card company is equally liable for the debt, which means basically that
they will refund you if an unauthorised charge is made to your card. In
practice, the credit card companies refund you; charge back us (they
have direct debit authority from our bank account) and then leave it up
to us to sort it out with you. In practice, it is impossible to be
cheated if you use a credit card over £100.

Mark Hill

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk