[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 10:39:17 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, 29 Jul 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>List admin: perhaps it would be simpler to not add the GLLUG footer to
>signed messages?  Sadly some people have to use brain damaged mail
>clients.

Of course this is not the case. People using their own facilities can
use a proper mail client. People abusing their employer's facilities
shouldn't. People whose employers require them to read GLLUG (if they
exist) should inform their employer that they need the right tools to
do the job.

If we make the list hard to read with Outlook and/or OE, we'll see
fewer ugly posts from Outlook and/or OE. I'm not really seeing the
downside here.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk