[Gllug] SPEWS (and Squid)

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 14:41:06 UTC 2003

> On Tuesday, 3 Jun 2003, will wrote:
>>>Then they're idiots. If someone does "rm -rf /var/spool/mail", don't
>>> blame the authors of "rm" for the loss of mail.
>>I didn't say I blamed the spews list maintainers for the actions of faq
>> avoiding sys-admins,
>
> So you actually agree with me, then. Good.

To a certain extent yes.  I don't think it is spews fault that email gets
blocked in the same way that it is not Microsofts fault when the internet
is  taken to it's knees because of insucure mail/database/other software
that they release.

>>You complained because someone made up some statistics, then proceeded
>> to make a wild claim about most of the people posting to this thread
>> not having actually bothered to discover the basic facts involved.
>
> That is not a wild claim; it is self-evident that most of the people
> posting to this thread are ill-informed. When someone wonders if SPEWS
> is an open relay service, it doesn't take a genius to work out that they
> haven't bothered to gather the most basic information.

I suggest that you irritate some knowledge into them then.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk