[Gllug] Remote reinstall

Walid Shaari ws at melinux.com
Tue Jun 24 19:23:27 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 17:32, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> Is there any way to install a red hat distro (eg 9 or 8) remotely on
> top of an old one (7.1), or can I do that with another distro when I
> have only got telnet access (though can root).
If you feel brave enough, the answer is yes
apt-get dist-upgrade
but you need to install the apt port first from which i do not see a
binary rpm for redhat 7 at at all :(

up2date has that functionality too through redhat channels, but i have
not used it, but thats another path you might explore. If I were you i
would try it on something near me first

Walid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk