[Gllug] SPEWS (and Squid)

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 14:00:11 UTC 2003

> On Tuesday, 3 Jun 2003, will wrote:
>>>David Dammerel whined:
>>>But as you would know from 5 minutes persual of the SPEWS FAQ, they
>>> are not an open relay listing service at all.
>>I can imagine that unfortunatly a lot of people that implement blocking
>> based on the spews list do not read the FAQ,
>
> Then they're idiots. If someone does "rm -rf /var/spool/mail", don't
> blame the authors of "rm" for the loss of mail.

I didn't say I blamed the spews list maintainers for the actions of faq
avoiding sys-admins, and you would have discovered this if you had
actually read my email and not replied whilst under the influence of the
red-mist of rage.

>>>I suppose I should not be surprised that most of the people posting to
>>> this thread have not actually bothered to discover the basic facts
>>> involved.
>>Oh, they haven't have they?  To quote you in a recent email:
>>"Momentarily ignoring the fact that your "basic truth" is a statistic
>> you made up, perhaps you should blame the sysadmins?"
>>David, you are a hypocritical troll, IMHO of course.
>
> Huh? I'm a hypocritical troll because someone pulled a figure of "99%"
> out of their arse? I don't follow you.

You complained because someone made up some statistics, then proceeded to
make a wild claim about most of the people posting to this thread not
having actually bothered to discover the basic facts involved.

That's why.  And also because of most of the emails I have ever read from
you that sully my inbox.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk