[Gllug] IDE RAID

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 00:13:43 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 17:50, Huw Lynes wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:07:33 +0100
> "Simon Faulkner" <simon at titanic.co.uk> wrote:

> We've just been looking at the Adaptec 2120S SCSI RAID card and the
> management interface eats up CPU. Needless to say we are not impressed.

The adaptec is at the low end of SCSI RAID controllers.

For good cards, look at the Mylex DAC960, DPT, or ICP Vortex
controllers. The ICP Vortex line are my personal favourites - native
linux array management tools, and you can also perform all array
functions from the card's ROM BIOS when setting up systems, or if you
can't access the OS for some other reason. They're not cheap, though....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk