[Gllug] Small installation

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Tue Jun 24 13:33:05 UTC 2003

> Choose a lightweight windowmanager like pwm.  If you want a graphical
> browser, try Dillo for something really small.  Avoid things that depend
> on gnome or kde libraries.  Use console applications where you can (I
> use console apps for mail, news and most web browsing).
>
> If you're really pushed for space you can even have ash instead of bash,
> which will save you a whole megabyte.

Or think of using Busybox if you are really pushed for space
( that's used on handhelds like the iPAQ, sorry to bore)
http://www.busybox.net

I know it was on Slashdot that the Linux Router Project has ground to a
halt,
but I've used LRP in the past, and it is a good thing.
If you can cram Linux onto a floppy, then you can get it on 120M!
http://www.linuxrouter.org

And Sisela http://the.earth.li/~martin/sisela/

And this, which  I just found on Freshmeat:
http://blueflops.sourceforge.net/description.html
Links web browser and an IRC client on two floppies...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk