[Gllug] Install Apache

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Sun Jun 15 19:44:35 UTC 2003

Richard Turner writes:

>Does anyone know what locations I need to pass to ./configure in order to
>compile a new version of Apache and install the files in the same places as
>the stock RPMs would for a Mandrake 9.1 distro?

Simple answer -- don't. If you're compiling it yourself, then stick
it somewhere neutral. Create a /local filesystem, and stick all your
homebrewed stuff there (I'd avoid /usr/local, because too many things
abuse it).

In general, mixing self compiled apps and distro provided apps isn't
a recipe for a stable system.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk