[Gllug] Re: www.spews.org - spamming blacklist

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 18:33:20 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 13:58, Russell Nelson wrote:
> t.clarke writes:
>  > I have just discovered that our mail gateway 195.42.43.42 is listed in the
>  > spews.org blacklist.
>
> That's probably because somebody else at your provide is spamming, and
> isn't being shut down.  The action desired by spews is to tell your
> provider "SHUT THAT SPAMMER DOWN", or switch to a different provider.

Yep, that's spews. Nice reasoned, rational response. Find a spammer,
then proceed to completely screw over a whole load of totally innocent
people just because they happen to have the same ISP. Technological
equivalent of curing cancer by shooting the patient. Cure worse than the
disease and all that.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk