[Gllug] Java sucks

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Mar 6 17:06:44 UTC 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 04:00:51PM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> Well, with a subject like that, maybe it'll stir up enough flames that
> the pointless copyright bickering will die down :-)

Bring it on!

Java is a horrible horrible horrible language.

There was a great quote I read on (I think) the OCaML list, that the
best thing you could say about Java was that it was a good example of
the fact that millions of dollars and thousands of man years of effort
could at least bring a language up to a state of semi-usability.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj