[Gllug] CarCam (OT)

David Irvine Maillist at glasgownet.com
Tue Mar 18 10:47:48 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 17:29, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Mon 17 Mar, Mick Farmer wrote:
> >
> > Dear John,
> >
> > When I used to drive, I kept a cheap automatic camera in the
> > glove compartment and when an incident occurred, just got
> > out of the car and started photographing.  That would
> > certainly be more variable than just two fixed-view cameras
> > and associated electronics.
> >
>    I have done similar, the other person tends to go very quiet when you
> start to take photographs, not just of the final position of vehicles but
> also the other person, any skid marks, etc.
I take one of the driver standing with the car in the background, to
prove they were there, one of the whole scene, ie where the cars ended
up, a close up of the obvious damage to both vehicles, any skidmarks,
and if the car has any modifications to it, a photo of that too, since
your supposed to notify your insurance if you do anything, and most boy
racers don't it acts as good leverage if they try to twist it.

Also, I keep a form in the car which has details of the other car like
reg, chassis number, driver, license number, time, place, damage, and
one for admitting fault. It basically says

I $driver admit fault for $accident at $time.

HTH

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk